HOW DOES SOLAR BATTERY STORAGE WORK?
Solar Battery Storage is for the most part, works the same as a standard grid connected solar system BUT you have the ability to store excess energy with your batteries and draw power from them before drawing from the grid. Battery storage is another great way to further your savings or if you wish to become self sufficient.
Our team is here to help you if anything is unclear or you have some other questions that need answering!
1. Solar Panels collect the UV/Sunlight produced throughout the day and is converted into DC Power (Direct Current).
5. Power Grid receives excess energy your system creates if it has not been stored in your batteries. Your power provider will award you with a feed-in tariff (1:1 in the NT), this is what creates the credit toward your power account and reduces your bill. If your energy load is larger than the solar production, you will draw only what is needed from the grid.
4. PWC Digital meter measures your power usage and excess energy sent back to the grid. It's a good way to monitor if you are drawing more power than your systems output.
3. Battery Storage will store any excess energy your system creates for later use such as nighttime. If you have a Grid Connect with Battery Storage/ Hybrid System and your battery storage is charged any excess energy will be sent back to the grid. If you have a Stand Alone Solar Battery System then your household will run from the solar production during the day and your battery storage at night, if you are using a larger load than what you solar is producing then you will draw power from your battery storage.
2. Inverter/ charger receives DC and converts it into AC power (Alternate Current). AC is the electricity you run your household on.You will draw from this electricity created by your solar panels to power your home first. Any excess power your system has created will be sent back to the grid or stored in your battery storage.
You inverter/ charger monitors your battery level to determine when charging is needed. When your batteries reach a certain level, the solar power will be diverted to your batteries to charge them.
What is Grid Connect with Battery backup/
Grid Connect with Battery Backup or Hybrid solar are the same system design but are known by both terms.
These systems allow you to stay connected to the grid network for power backup. You can enjoy the benefits of staying connected and sending excess power the the grid to receive the Feed-in Tariff (1:1) and use battery storage for your nighttime usage or if there is a power blackout.
Your system will automatically switch to the grid if you have drawn your batteries to zero charge until you can either go back to solar power usage or until your batteries are charged.
What is a Stand Alone/ Off Grid Battery solar system?
A Stand Alone or Off Grid Battery solar system are again the same system design but known by both terms.
These systems allow you to be completely independent from the grid and entirely self sufficient. You do not recieve any feed-in tariff like a Hybrid solar system as all of you solar energy will be used powering your household and/ or charging your batteries. Any excess that your system creates and cannot be stored or used at the time is lost.
BENEFITS OF SOLAR BATTERY STORAGE
Do you like the idea of solar battery storage but you still need a little convincing that installing batteries is best decision for you? Read the following reasons and see if you can still walk away without booking a site assessment for a quote!
Never be without power!
If you install a Grid connect with Battery Backup or Hybrid solar system you will have the advantage of ALWAYS having power. Never sweat it out again when the power goes out in town with you battery storage backup.
Still receive credits towards your bill
If you install a Grid Connect with Battery Backup or Hybrid solar system, you still get to enjoy the 1:1 Feed-in Tariff!
That's right, you will still receive credits towards your bill for any excess power you send back to the grid after charging your batteries.
Reduce your power bills
Because solar power is created by the UV/ sunlight, once nighttime hits you will be drawing power from the grid and no longer using solar power. If you have a battery storage backup, your system will switch over to draw power from your charged solar batteries until depleted and only then will you use any power from the grid. Your system will be designed to suit your energy requirements to minimise the chance of drawing from the grid.
Forward the power grid
That's right you can become completely self sufficient and forget all those bills, fees and rules given and made by the power provider. You can be responsible for your own energy, never worry about a power outage and fully contribute to the wellbeing of the environment!
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
So, you've got the basics about solar battery storage and the WHY you should go a solar battery storage system, if you're ready to take the next step contact us to book in your free site assessment and quote which is designed, supplied and installed by our fully CEC Clean Energy Council Accredited Technician's and is obligation free!
6 GOOD REASONS TO GO SOLAR
Do you like the idea of going solar but you still need a little convincing that installing a Solar Power System is the best decision for you? Read the following reasons and see if you can still walk away without booking a site assessment for a quote!
Low power bills or Never pay a bill again!
You can stop that dreaded feeling "here comes another power bill" and replace that with excitement to see what your solar system has saved you! Many of our customers are in credit in the first full quarter after installation.
*In the NT you receive the 1:1 Feed in Tariff - this means the current rate for power is what you are paid per kWh your system sends back to the grid. This excess is what creates your credits.
Generate your own power
The energy created by the sun every day can be collected through Solar Panels to generate electricity to run your household or business.
Any surplus you create will be fed back to the grid and your account will be credited according to the current Feed-In-Tariff (1:1 in the NT).
There are government incentives
There are government incentives to go solar, provided by both the Federal and States governments which include STCs and Feed-In Tariffs. Be sure to watch your state government for any Renewable, Renovation or First Home Buyers incentives!
Contribute to the wellbeing of the Envionment
Solar is a renewable energy. It draws energy from the UV rays of the sun, then creating power to run your home, business, campsite and so much more! It does not require any nasty chemicals or products, just a big beautiful shining sun! Feel some peace that you are contributing less to the harm of the planets future.
Add more value to your property
When you install a reliable and quality solar power system to your property, it instantly will add value to your property. It will add favourability on the leasing and selling market too! Solar, it just keeps on giving!
Creating more jobs for local workers
When making the choice as to an installer, choose local. This choice creates jobs, withholds those jobs, encourages the local economy as we spend locally and it gives you, the customer peace of mind having on hand, local servicing!